Please read our Frequently Asked Questions about skin testing at Christian Wiles Hairdressing in Northampton. We have included questions about the Allergy Alert Test which is free and available 48 hours prior to your hair colour appointment at our hair salon. We have also included questions about the Colourstart Passport scheme.
- If you are travelling and need to use a different salon, you can share your Colourstart Passport results with your new salon.
- You do not need to wait 48 hours to have a skin test. Once you have taken the Colourstart test, your results will be visible on your Colourstart Passport.
- You can use the Colourstart Passport to show if you have an allergy to other colour services e.g. brow colouring.
- suspect or know that you are allergic to PPD or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- have active dermatitis on your skin (e.g. redness, swelling, itching)
- have previously experienced an allergy to hair colourant
- are pregnant or breast-feeding
- are taking oral or topical steroids or immunosuppressant medicines
- have a black henna tattoo, or had a reaction to a black henna tattoo.